Full Time Pastor Position
We are pursuing a full-time Pastor position here at Meadowdale. Please read the following profiles and you if feel like you can be a fit for our church, please fill out the application and email it to . Download the application here.
The pastor is to be the spiritual leader of the church. He is responsible to the Lord and the church to proclaim the gospel and teach the Bible. He is also to engage in pastoral care, provide supervisory leadership and administrate the paid and volunteer staff of the church.
Biblical qualifications and requirements:
- The Senior Pastor will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by the body of believersthrough ordination. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
- The Senior Pastor will equip, educate and edify the church as mandated in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- The Senior pastor will conform himself to the ministry expectations set forth in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
- The Senior Pastor will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- The Senior Pastor will exercise biblical authority and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in Hebrews 13:17 and as directed in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.
- The Senior Pastor will be qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, 2.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree with a commitment to continuing education.
- At a minimum, attended Seminary classes and demonstrates a commitment to continued professional and spiritual growth and development.
- Church ministry experience – prefer experience in a mid-sized church or larger.
- Able to build strong relationships with the congregation.
- Exhibits compassion for people of all walks of life.
- Strong in evangelism.
- Locally and Globally mission minded.
- Must have a strong daily relationship with God.
- Plan and coordinate the worship services with the minister of music; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and ministering to persons in the church and community.
- Perform wedding ceremonies & conduct funerals.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and ministry teams as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in their ministry.
- Act as moderator of church business meetings.
- Encourage all organizations and ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
- Provide pastoral care in conjunction with other staff and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
- Cooperate with association, state, denominational, and community leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development.
The position of Senior Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff.
Meadowdale Baptist Church is situated in a rural area on Hwy 53 connecting Calhoun and Rome, GA. We were founded in 1968. Over the last 51 years, our attendance has ebbed and waned over the years and we now average 180 in our Sunday morning service. We are perceived as one of the largest churches in our community and we pride ourselves in trying to reach the population that is unchurched. We strongly believe the Bible is our primary guiding authority for our lives in all areas.
We have been blessed to have been led by our current pastor Jeremy Kirby for 2.5 years. His term following a 38 year term from Steven Pearson has brought us to a sturdy place of spiritual health. Our church currently employs a full-time pastor, a full-time minister of students, a full-time minister of children, a full-time music minister, a full-time administrative assistant as well as a part-time financial secretary. Our administrative assistant position has recently been vacated due to retirement. We plan on filling that position as soon as possible.
Our style of worship is contemporary with traditional roots. Over the last few years we have made several needed updates to our services to bring our focus to a younger demographic while staying unified as a Christ-centered, loving church focused on our mission. Our mission is for people to know Jesus and to grow in him. We are passionate about reaching the unchurched, while discipling our church body to better reach our community and grow in faith.
We are directly involved in local and international missions. We have local ministries reaching out to the poor, elderly, widows, cancer victims, and victims of domestic violence. God has blessed us with opportunities to serve and send teams annually to the uttermost parts of the world, including Africa, India, Guatemala, and the Philippines. We believe this is one of the primary strengths of the church and it is our desire to fulfill the Great Commission. We have developed an outreach with our local elementary school creating a strong relationship to nurture the children of our community.
We have established a groups program consisting of campus groups, which meet on campus at different times during the week, as well as neighborhood groups that meet in homes. We also have recently implemented a Wednesday night short-term group program that has been well received. Our belief in community is a vital part of our vision and mission.
Our church is located near Calhoun, Georgia approximately one hour’s drive from Atlanta, GA, and Chattanooga, TN. The area features rolling hills with farms and residential areas, but also has a strong industrial presence with carpet and textile mills. Calhoun has a mix of cultures, but is predominantly White and Hispanic. Our congregation has few minorities, although people of all cultures are very welcomed. Our area includes diverse age groups, and our church has good representation of most of those age groups.
Calhoun is a small town in Gordon County which offers easy access to a wide variety of dining choices, entertainment, shopping and lodging. The rolling hills of Calhoun and Gordon County are rich in history and adventure. Step back 150 years to the Battle of Resaca at one of the civil war historic sites or walk in the footsteps of the Cherokee Indians where the Trail of Tears began at New Echota Historic site. Art enthusiasts can tour the Roland Hayes museum, explore the galleries of the Harris Arts Center, or enjoy entertainment at Calhoun’s GEM theatre. Calhoun and Gordon County boast two recreation departments, several parks and recreation areas with hiking and bike trails, and multiple nearby lakes and rivers. There are two golf courses as well as indoor activities like the new aquatics center located on the campus of Calhoun High School.
The City of Calhoun and Gordon County school systems offer excellent educational and extracurricular opportunities. There are three public high schools in the area boasting high scholastic achievements and many combined regional and state championships in many different arenas. There are also several private and Christian schools in the area, including Georgia Cumberland Academy, Christian Heritage, and Unity Christian School. Community involvement is very important in Calhoun and Gordon County. The United Way is just one of the organizations that works with local industry and sponsors fundraisers to support nineteen different non-profit agencies which provide vital services to the community, such as the Boys and Girls Club, Northwest Georgia chapter of the America Red Cross, and Gordon County Domestic Violence Outreach office.
Healthcare is a vital part of the Calhoun/Gordon County infrastructure. Gordon Hospital is the hub of medical care in the area, featuring a new Emergency Department, state of the art cancer treatment center and New Beginnings child birth center. Other hospitals in the area include Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton, Floyd and Redmond Regional Medical Center in Rome, Erlanger in Chattanooga, and Emory in Atlanta. There are multiple primary care physicians, urgent care centers, dialysis clinics, home health care agencies, and hospice providers in the area. For more specialized needs, there are multiple specialist who come to Calhoun from Rome, Dalton, or Atlanta. There are two long term care nursing facilities and an assisted living facility in the area as well.
Many of the members of Meadowdale have called Calhoun/Gordon County home for their entire lives. Our members are supportive of the community and work closely with local agencies and schools to provide assistance as needed.